RE: Is it legal to extend the xml-stylesheet DTD ?

> <?xml-stylesheet
> 	type="text/xsl"
> 	media="html"
> 	title="Developers Job Summary (Slate)"
> 	href="../../xsl/slate.xsl"
> 	alternate="yes"
> 	suffix=".html"
> ?>

In XML, a processing-instruction does not have attributes, it just contains
unstructured text. That is why these things are "pseudo-attributes": they
will not be unpicked by the XML parser, rather by the application.
Therefore, the DTD has nothing to say on the matter.

Whether adding an extra pseudo-attribute is within the requirements of the
"associating stylesheets" spec is another matter. I think it's silent on the
question.

Mike Kay

> Here I've created the attribute "suffix" which is not in the spec, and
> used it for purposes of my own.
>
> <reference> http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-stylesheet/ </reference>

Mike Kay