RE: Managing semi-trivial sets of stylesheets.

Hi,

> > 1. I don't like the absolute path because:

> > 2. I don't like the relative path because:

My solution to this has been to pull out this kind of configuration
data (e.g. root for directory structure, path to template, includes, etc)
into a config file, so I have:

<config>
<includes>/ROOT/include/</includes>
</config>

Then in the stylesheet:

<xsl:variable name="configData" select="document('config.xml')" />
<xsl:variable name="includeDirectory" select="$configData/includes" />

<xsl:include href="$includeDirectory/common.xml" />

Although obviously there are various ways to break this down.

It has the added advantage that I pass less parameters on the command
line (I usually just pass in the path to the config file).

It seems to be pretty flexible.

Maybe not a 'mainstream XML' solution, but it works for me.

Cheers,

L.

--
Leigh Dodds, Systems Architect       | "Pluralitas non est ponenda
http://weblogs.userland.com/eclectic |    sine necessitates"