Re: xt and xalan also? (was RE: saxon params)

> > The correct delimiter is space, for example
> > java com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet a.xml b.xsl p=12 q=24
>
> My next question is whether one can also pass parameters in this manner
> when using XT or XALAN. ... ?

The answers are documented on the web.

http://www.jclark.com/xml/xt.html, under Usage, says:

java -Dcom.jclark.xsl.sax.parser=your-sax-driver com.jclark.xsl.sax.Driver source stylesheet result name=value...

The name=value arguments are optional and specify parameter names and
values; they can occur in any order with respect to the other arguments.
They will be ignored unless the stylesheet contains a corresponding
top-level xsl:param element. The value of the parameter will be of type
string.

http://xml.apache.org/xalan/commandline.html says:

java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -IN foo.xml -XSL foo.xsl -OUT foo.out

The command line utility can take the following flags and arguments:

 [a list that includes
  -PARAM name expression (Set a stylesheet parameter)]

"To set stylesheet parameters from the command line, use -PARAM name
expression. If you want to set the parameter to a string value, enclose
the string in single quotes (') to make it an expression."

There's no indication of whether you can use multiple -PARAM arguments
though.

   - Mike