Re: Xpath AndExpr on attribute values?

Jürgen Hermann wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Jun 2000 08:47:46 +0100, Michael Beddow wrote:
>
> ><xsl:apply-templates select="text/saying[@language='en'] and
> >text/saying[@topic='morals']"/>
>
> "and" works on booleans, you applied it to node-sets.

Ok, I'm beginning to see the point about selects working because
the empty node set counts as "false" and any populated node-set
counts as "true". But I'm not quite there yet. I need some more
help to really understand why my AndExp doesn't work when
<xsl:apply-templates select="text/saying[@language='en']"/>
does.

Or, more complexly, how can I massage the returned node-sets
from the two terms of my original expression so that I can
validly use an "and" on them and get the result I'm looking for?

Michael
-------
Michael Beddow
University of Leeds