Re: How to get the preceding template on the same level

Frederic Schwebel writes:
 > <mfrac>
 > </mfrac>
 > <mo>&times;</mo>
 > <mn>2</mn>
 >
 > the preceding axis would give me twice mn and one mfrac. I have no way to
 > know if mfrac is on the same level as &times.

Maybe I am being dense, but don't you just want the preceding-sibling
axis? that delivers your siblings up in nearest first order.

so presumably if "name(preceding-sibling::*[1])" produces "mfrac", you
fire.

 > And also : (2/3)+2*3
 > for the preceding-axis of "*", I'd still get mfrac, but it's not the FIRST
 > predecessor on the same tree level so I would have to ignore it... How can
do a

 <xsl:for-each select="preceding-sibling::*">
   <!-- look at each sibling in turn -->
 </xsl:for-each>

sebastian