Re: Automatic Omnimark to XSLT conversion tool?

Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen wrote:

> > I've actually thought about doing the opposite (i.e. an XSLT
> > to OmniMark
> > converter), but haven't had the time, and there probably
> > isn't much real
> > benefit in this either.
>
> Now you got me curious.  What would the benefits be of such a program?

There are actually many areas in our business processes where I would
love to use XSLT, but can't because it simply cannot handle my data
requirements. An XSLT to OmniMark conversion program (or an XSLT
interpreter written in OmniMark) would allow me to keep my primary
transformation logic in XSLT, but make up for its shortcomings with the
capabilities of OmniMark.

Rick Geimer
National Semiconductor
rick.geimer@nsc.com