From: owner-xsl-list@mulberrytech.com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list@mulberrytech.com]On Behalf Of David Hunter
Sent: May 30, 2000 11:59
To: 'XSL-List@mulberrytech.com'
Subject: XT bug?

I just finished leaving the list, because I get too much email, and now I
have a question, and have to re-join.  :-)

I have come across an inconsistency, between XT and Saxon/MSXML3 (the May
release of MSXML).  I'm assuming that XT is incorrect, but I want to be
sure.

Suppose I have the following XML:

<nodes>
  <node>a</node>
  <node>b</node>
  <node>c</node>
</nodes>

I want to create a stylesheet which prints out only the value of the last
<node> element.  So I have done this:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:output method="text"/>

<xsl:template match="/nodes/node[last()]">
  <xsl:value-of select="."/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="text()"/>
</xsl:stylesheet>

From both Saxon and MSXML, I get "c" as my output, but from XT I get
nothing.

Is this an XT bug?  Note that if I change the template match to
"/nodes/node[position() = last()]", it works the same in all three.

If this is a bug, I'll submit it on XT's web site, but if it's a
re-interpretation of the spec, I'll leave it.

David Hunter
MobileQ
david.hunter@mobileq.com
http://www.mobileq.com