referencing variable -> env support problem

Hi,

I get:

<---------------------
No env support to get variable named: js
XSL Error: pattern = '$js'
VariableReference given for variable out of context or without
definition!  Name = js, source tree node: Page
--------------------->

if I try to reference variable, such as:
<---------------------
<xsl:variable name="js">ble/</xsl:variable>
<SCRIPT language="JavaScript" src='{$js}std-comp.js'></SCRIPT>
--------------------->

It WORKS if I use Processor command line class, but it does NOT work if
I use my
 strange Engine call:
<---------------------
        XSLTProcessor processor = XSLTProcessorFactory.getProcessor();

        StylesheetRoot stylesheet =
processor.processStylesheet(templateName);
        stylesheet.setOutputMethod("html");
        processor.setStylesheet(stylesheet);
        DocumentHandler dh = stylesheet.getSAXSerializer(os);
        processor.setDocumentHandler(dh);
        // hopeless attempt for a workaround
        xmlProcessorLiaison.setEnvSupport((XSLTEngineImpl) processor);

        data.toSAX(processor);

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
--Josef