ANN: XSL FO Draft rendered to PDF via XSL FO

Dear all,

this is to inform you that we have deeply reworked our XSL FO stylesheet for
XMLSpec 2.0.
In its current version, it provides a reasonably nice coverage of five W3C
papers:
XML Spec, XML Namespaces, XSLT, XPath, and - finally - XSL FO Draft  (the last
one).
At http://www.renderx.com/xmlspec.html, you can find the stylesheet with more
comments,
plus XSL FO versions of each of the above documents, and PDFs generated by our
renderer.

In my opinion, XML Spec, XPath and XSLT are quite convincing; XML Names and XSL
FO are worse, because we haven't implemented the automatic table layout yet.

For those interested in benchmarking: the XSL FO WD is by far the heaviest
document
of the set. Figures are:
- XT processing time: 6:30 min
- size of the resulting FO: 3 MB
- total pages: 337
- FO2PDF processing time: ~45 min net process time, >1 hour due to memory
swapping
- size of the resulting PDF: 9,4 MB
- total virtual memory allocated: ~390 MB

All measurements were performed on Pentium III-500, 256 MB RAM, running Windows
NT.

Best regards,
Nikolai Grigoriev