RE: That didnt work either! RE: How to add a "less than" or "grea ter than" sign?

> <xsl:template match="/">
> 	&lt;<xsl:value-of select="@title"/>&gt;2000&lt;/<xsl:value-of
> select="@title"/>&gt;
> In this case however @title will be empty
> I would assume it would produce the text &lt;&gt;2000&lt;/&gt;.

Sorry I was on the impression that he(the originator for this question) was
trying to describe XML in HTML.But in Saxon,it's displaying the results like

<>2000</> and not &lt;&gt;2000&lt;/&gt; How come Im geting the result in
that format?.

> 	<xsl:element name="{@title}">2000</xsl:element>
> is same as
> 	<xsl:element name="">2000</xsl:element>
> which is an error as <>2000</> is not well formed XML.
> So in this case you should get an error from the xsl system.

Yes Im getting the error as "Name contains invalid characters" which puzzled
me and raised a question in my mind why SOMETIMES the error messages are not
that clear in xsl

Thanx David

Francis