RE: Transformiix Testimonial (was Netscape 6 lack of XSL support)

On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, Didier PH Martin wrote:
> I am curious to know how, when an HTML document is called, the cgi
> executable is called? What is the server you are using? How do you associate
> the xml document to be processed by the transformiix engine? just
> curious....

The CGI is a plain Perl CGI script called with something that
looks like:
http://../cgi-bin/icweb?cmd=getmeaningnotation&stylesheet=notationset.xsl&notation=96C

and in the Perl it does a 'system' call with a command line like:
"icxml -c $iccommand -n \"$document\" | transfrmx  -i /dev/stdin -s
$xslfile";
And the XML server (icxml) is one that I wrote producing XML chunks on the
fly for our specific needs (so it isn't XML _files_ that are being
served, the XML is produced dynamically).

Super-simple solution but it works well, and is fast enough.
If I were a consultant it wouldn't be nearly fancy and complex and opaque
enough to enable me to charge lots of money for it though... ;-)

Cheers

Etienne Posthumus
- http://www.cs.uu.nl/staff/etienne.html -