Re: could one xsl file generate more xml files at a time?

On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, Johan Andreasson wrote:
> Is it possible for xsl to generate more than one output file at a time?
>
> I whant to present the XML in frames and in order to do that I have to (at
> least I think I have to) generate more files from one single XML file. Is
> this possible?

When you say 'xsl' it is a bit vague. It would be a good idea to specify
what processor you are using.

One solution would be to process the XML files several times using
different XSLT files, of course you can't specify the XSLT inside the XML
but it has to happen 'outside' using a CGI, ASP, JSP or some such
mechanism. I use a CGI and re-process the same XML fragments by specifying
what XSL to use as a CGI parameter and then displaying the results in
different frames.

Etienne Posthumus
- http://www.cs.uu.nl/staff/etienne.html -