RE: Printing XML reports

Robert,

	I am also interested in doing this.  There are 2 other possible
solutions as I see it:

	1. Use Adobe API to generate PDF (may have nothing to do with XSL)
	2. Use an XSL stylesheet to create a FDF (Forms Definition File)
	    Adobe reader can overlay the PDF and FDF yielding your form.

	Has anybody else attempted #2?

>I need to convert some XML documents into PDF.
>The documents contain financial reports.
>Currently, the XML docs are converted into HTML tables
>or display on browsers. My problem is that the HTML tables
>don't print well (i.e., report headings and column headings
>don't appear at the top of each page, a row is split between
>two pages, etc.).

>I know that I can convert the XML reports to FO documents
>and use an FO processor (e.g., FOP, FO2PDF, etc.)
>to convert them to PDF files.

	There is a program written in C with source that
converts HTML into PDF called HTMLDOC.

>Does anyone know of an easier way to print these
>reports? For example, are there any good tools that
>convert HTML to PDF and that place the table headers/footers
>(i.e., the THEAD and TFOOT elements) at the top/bottom
>of each page?

Regards,

Jeff Hamilton