RE: Is it time for an XSLT-list?

The list owner does read the list, will have read this thread of his own
account, and is certainly paying attention. At the moment he is, however,
on site with a client (and doubtless off line), and is not likely to be
able do anything about this instantly.

Also, he is known (even within the office where he works) as a person of
uncommon sobriety and good sense, so he may want to take a day or three to
weigh various options in his head, before he decides exactly what to do.

I thought I should post to assure anyone that their meta-postings about
list administration are not being ignored: they certainly are not. Any more
suggestions are also welcome.

--Wendell (not speaking for the list owner)

BTW -- the price we are paying for the 1998 undocumented extension of the
XSL spec by Microsoft -- when they could have used an MSXSL namespace, at
least for the non-W3C bits! -- is to my mind ample justification for any
amound of standards hawkishness. More than a year later, we are all --
including Microsoft -- paying for this lapse. It's good to see indications
that in the meantime, they've gotten a bit more of a clue. Too bad for the
new folks, they're the ones who are really suffering!