Re: dumb question:

"Narahari, Sateesh" wrote:

> using the DOM model, you can easily make an XML document. However, saving it
> to a file will be a big pain , since AFAIK, only MSXML parser supports Save
> method.

Actually you can use something like xalan's TreeWalker in combination with
their FormatterToXML to output XML from DOM. Here's some sample code, which
is just the relevant bits that I've ripped out of one of my projects -
untested as is!

import org.apache.xalan.xpath.xml.FormatterToXML;
import org.apache.xalan.xpath.xml.TreeWalker;

FormatterToXML   xmlFormatter     = null;
TreeWalker       treeWalker       = null;

xmlFormatter = new FormatterToXML(System.out);
xmlFormatter.indent = 2;
treeWalker = new TreeWalker(xmlFormatter);

Document document;
// construct the document

treeWalker.traverse(document);
xmlFormatter.flush();