Re: Dumb question from a newbie on XSLT in IE5 (Namespaces etc)

John E. Simpson wrote:

> At 01:08 AM 04/02/2000 +1200, Dan Morrison wrote:
> >... does this attitude mean that there can
> >never be an XSL 2.0? XML has a version, but that may move faster or
> >slower than the changes that will be made to XSL.
>
> I suspect that's probably the reason why the current spec requires a
> version="1.0" attribute to a conformant xsl:stylesheet element, as well as
> the xmlns declarations.

:-)
Again I've missed something there. You're quite right it's clearly there
in the spec.

Must be something to do with the fact that out of all the example
stylesheets I've got floating around, neither the Cocoon examples or the
IE examples I've been working from bother with such a value. Funny
everything still processes OK...

In fact the only xsl I can find that does so is one downloaded from
those folk that did the Netscape plugin.

This is where learning from example fails I guess, if your teachers have
got it wrong in the first place...

*sigh*
.dan.