Re: Disable Output Escaping - really useful

I wrote> Any use of disable-output-encoding is _always_ a hack.

Steve Muench writes.
> The disable-output-escaping="yes"
> is the supported way to "pass through" these chunks of
> markup on the way to building a web page to deliver to
> the browser.

Will this still work once XSL engines get embedded at the client side?
My understanding of the process is that it shouldn't (but I suppose if
enough people do this then the browsers will have to make it work, somehow.)

It seems to me that whatever the value of disable-output-escaping the
result tree just contains a text node, so if you are stuffing the output
straight into a browser, then it will not work, unless you write out the
entire result to a file (or in memory string) and re-parse.

Of course server side this is not an issue, you know the output is going
to be reparsed by the client anyway.

Even if the answer to the question above is `yes it will work'
and even if this were the _only_ way to achieve the desired result
I would still stand by my claim. One sometimes has to hack ones
way out of a jungle, but the principle of preserving the rain forests is
still sound.

David