errors when validating stylesheets with xalan

Hi!

I used the validating option in Xalan 0.19.5 and was very astonished
about all these error messages:
examples> java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in ida.xml -xsl ../xsl/omdoc2html.xsl  -out idamoz.html -validate
========= Parsing file:/home/cullrich/import/ilo/xsl/omdoc2html.xsl ==========
Parser error: Attribute "xmlns:xsl" must be declared for element type "xsl:stylesheet".
Parser error: Attribute "xmlns:xt" must be declared for element type "xsl:stylesheet".
Parser error: Attribute "xmlns:dc" must be declared for element type "xsl:stylesheet".
Parser error: Attribute "version" must be declared for element type "xsl:stylesheet".
Parser error: Attribute "extension-element-prefixes" must be declared for element type "xsl:stylesheet".

I got those even when I tried to transform the examples coming with
xalan.

What do these messages mean? And how can I fix these errors (even though
they don't appear to be very serious, as the created document looks fine).

Thank you

Carsten