Re: Excelon Stylus buggy

eXcelon is due to release Stylus version 2.0.

Despite the bugs and quirks of this XSL editor, I don't know of a
better alternative.  Do you, or does anyone else?

I have tried the free IBM editor, but it pales in comparison.  It
does not show IE preview, for example, nor does it show a hierarchy
of XML source elements, nor does it integrate the separate views as
does Stylus (ie. click on an element in the output window and Stylus
finds the XSL template that generated it -- click on an XML source
element and Stylus finds a template that acts on that element).

I can and do whine about Stylus quirks, but it's better than a mere
text or XML editor.

..Bob.

Stylus quirks:
* It always fills the left margin with tabs (assuming
  tab stops of 3 spaces).  This is not configurable.
* It always opens maximized.
* It does not remember previous window size or location.
* It tends to crash in low-memory situations.
* It has weird bugs where the display does not reflect the
  contents of the file being edited (sign of imminent crash).
* It does not reload a file from disk after said file
  has been edited by a separate tool (even when one
  explicitly invokes File|Open to reload the file).

=====
-- Bob White --
See photos of Oxana, my beautiful bride-to-be!
http://milkchaser.tripod.com
203-926-1888 x3287
"Make it legal" -- www.norml.org