integrating a new extension into LotusXSL/Xalan

Hello,

I have been a user of LotusXSL/Xalan for several weeks and I would like to
add a new extension into org/apache/xalan/xslt/extensions.
Has anyone on the list ever tried to do something like that?

I changed several sources and makefiles (a source tree is furnished with
LotusXSL) so that my new class should be taken into account, and rebuilt
the whole thing to get a new xalan.jar file but the processor always
outputs an error when parsing one XSL file containing the new namespace
declaration and one line of my new functionnality, just as it did before I
had changed anything.
What should I do to make my new functionnality usable by the processor?

I hope this list is the right place to discuss about that.
Thanks in advance,
Celine.