MathML Entities not defined in MathML DTD ?

Uh oh...
There's been much progress done on my XSL sheet transforming MathML into
Braille, thanks to D. Carlisle, M. Kay, DaveP and some others.
Now I have a new problem concerning MathML Entities like × or
÷ . There's been a thread dealing with this but it didn't answer my
question.
When I parse the document, saxon (or xt) stops when seeing &times or
&divide because it's an undeclared entity. OK. So i included the MathML
DTD found on the W3C site with this line :
<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet
  SYSTEM "./mathmldtd/mathml.dtd"
[ (... and then my own braill entities)
]>

The dtd is included, it works, but the entites are still unrecognized ! I
looked at the MathML DTD and all elements are defined, but almost no
Entity ! So should I declare all MathML entities again in my stylesheet
??????

TIA for your help
Frederic