RE: switching stylesheets

You're outside the scope of XSL/XSLT itself here, and into the realm of
vendor-specific APIs. This kind of thing works quite nicely in the Microsoft
engine. Write client-side Javascript to load the source XML document, load
the XSL document, and apply the transformation; when the user clicks the
button, you can load a new XSL document and apply a new transformation.

I have made this work but I have to say the documentation I needed was
scattered around rather thinly.

Mike Kay