This is the mail archive of the
mailing list .
RE: extracting unique elements
- To: "'xsl-list at mulberrytech dot com'" <xsl-list at mulberrytech dot com>
- Subject: RE: extracting unique elements
- From: Kay Michael <Michael dot Kay at icl dot com>
- Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 18:08:10 -0000
- Reply-To: xsl-list at mulberrytech dot com
> >> Is there any easy way to select only the unique elements from
> >> an xml document.
> ><xsl:for-each select="//CUSTOMER[not(.=preceding::CUSTOMER)]">
> ><xsl:value-of select="."/>
> Doesn't this require the CUSTOMER elements to be sorted?
No. you're testing whether the value is the same as ANY preceding customer,
not just the immediately preceding customer. For the latter you would write:
XSL-List info and archive: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list