Re: Saxon html includes unwanted white space in anchor tag

>I'm familiar with TIDY - a great little app. I actually validate all my
>HTML against the DTDs using nsgmls - validity is not the issue.

I wasn't referring to validation. I was referring to TIDY's ability to
indent HTML in a tag-sensitive manner. (Perhaps my prior message was a bit
muddled? Too many 20-hour days tend to make my writing a tad random. My
apologies!)

Give TIDY the particular bit of HTML that started this thread. Using tidy's
"auto" indent mode, even the mis-indented version comes out fixed. (Which,
in this case, fixes this particular "unexpected rendering" problem.)

In any case, there's a stable, reliable, and working open source solution to
the HTML indenting problems. I'd prefer that developers work on reliability
and speed rather than trying to reinvent this particular wheel.

--Bill Schindler