Re: XConq

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006, Skam-MC wrote:
> 1) Is it possible to create some means of day/night change (for example,
> I want to create a Vampire unit type which moves at night much faster
> than at day)?

Yes, see things like day-length, vision-night-effect, and so on.  The
day/night model is quite sophisticated and includes not only day and
night, but also the changing seasons and the fact that (if your map covers
the globe or a significant fraction of it) it can be day in one place and
night in another.

> 2) One of the sides needs only to cross some line (for example, country
> boundaries) in order to win. Is it possible to create such a winning
> condition?

As far as I know, that can't be done *directly*, which is a shame because
I've wanted it myself.  However, the existing features can be used
creatively to implement something very similar.

One way to do it:  have special terrain in the "goal" area.  When the
right kind of unit enters that terrain, it wrecks into a unit type that is
worth victory points; nothing else is worth victory points to that side.

> 3) Is it possible to create a unit which can build bridges, for example?

Yes, see the "add-terrain" action.

Note:  this mailing list on redhat.com isn't the preferred venue for such
questions anymore.  The SourceForge mailing lists are a better place to
discuss XConq now.
--
Matthew Skala
mskala@ansuz.sooke.bc.ca                    Embrace and defend.