Re: [Xconq-general] Re: New File Release:xconq-7.5.0-0pre.0.20041228

On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 12:04 -0600, Bob Beaty wrote:
>   I think the new release sounds great.
>   I wondered if the support for Mac OSX has simply dried up?
>   I see in the SourceForge web site that it's considered
> "unsupported". That would be too bad. I was excited when the port to
> OS X was done and have been keeping up ever since. While I understand
> the market forces, I would have thought that xconq is not so much
> about market forces as the desire by some great guys to do great work
> and share it with a bunch of happy gamers.

As I understand it, the problem is that with the UI code in the state
it's currently in, there is little incentive to continue to support all
of these different operating systems with different UI's.  Hopefully,
when the SDL interface is completed, it will work on all platforms and
this will no longer be an issue.

---
Lincoln Peters
<sampln@sbcglobal.net>

Actually, typing random strings in the Finder does the equivalent of
filename completion.
	-- Discussion on file completion vs. the Mac Finder