More New Map/Unit Display Properties

Hello Xconq Game Designers,

The Tcl/Tk interface now honors the 'unit-gbox-border-color' and 'unit-gbox-fill-color' globals that I mentioned in the previous message.
For example:
(set unit-gbox-border-color "red")

There are two new unit-type properties now available, and only the SDL interface presently honors them. These are: 'construction-border-color' and 'construction-fill-color'. You can set these on a type by type basis. The border color is the color of a box surrounding an unit under construction. The fill color is the color _behind_ the unit under construction.
I have gotten alpha blending to work in the SDL interface, and it uses alpha blending regarding the fill color. As construction on an unit progresses, more and more of the terrain or transport grouping box behind the unit under construction starts to "show through" the fill color. By the time an unit is almost complete, the fill color is very faint. (The border does not fade at all. It disappears once the unit is complete.)
Example:
(unit-type foo
#| other junk |#
(construction-border-color "AntiqueWhite")
(construction-fill-color "brown")
)

(If anyone is planning on hacking on the SDL interface besides myself, the function I created to alpha blend a fill rect into a surface is 'alpha_blend_fill_rect'.)

I think that after I squash a bug regarding selection rectangles of units that have oversized icons (44x44, for example), I will create a new file release.

Eric

P.S. I posted a new screenshot showing SDL interface progress in the screenshots section of the Sourceforge Web site.
http://sourceforge.net/project/screenshots.php?group_id=124062
Note that the most recent SDL interface screenshot shows the construction boxes. They all appear to be the same color (brown fill with SandyBrown border) because the screenshot was taken before I had alpha blending in place.