Re: SDL interface thoughts

Mark A. Flacy wrote:

You may wish to look at http://asic-linux.com.mx/~izto/checkinstall/ if you
ever were to start creating other distribution's packages for XConq.  It
can make RPMs too, for that matter.

Looks interesting.

I think the way that might prove best for the Xconq project to use it would be:
checkinstall rpm -i xconq-common-7.5.0-0pre.0.somedate
etc..., to track the installation of RPM packages and generate Slackware and Debian packages from that. Of course, 'alien' can do this in a more direct manner, but I think it requires certain tools, such as 'dpkg' to already be installed.

One must be careful to get the right directory structure for each distribution though, and I don't think CheckInstall solves that problem. And it always better to be able to actually test the packages on a native system.