Re: Reduced Image Quality for 32x32 Pixel Units

> > Another possible way of dealing with it might be
> to change the APIs so
> > that the interface can request from the kernel
> "Give me an image somewhere
> > in this range of sizes, and try to avoid scaling
> if possible."

Well, as I'm loathe to cut into developer's time, I
can offer a rather work-intensive solution that can be
handled on my end.  Scaling the images using a true
graphics package (Gimp, in my case) has proven to be,
in my experience, a time-consuming task that tends to
produce poor results.  However, even for the several
hundred images in question, I can put them in 44x44
pixel squares with more blank space.  This would be
time-consuming, also, but it would be my time taken up
and not the time of Eric or Matthew, whose time I
consider more valuably spent pursuing other goals.

If a solution within the code is relatively
straightforward, then by all means do so, otherwise
let me know and I'll plug in all those images (And in
doing so far as to create a universal GIF template for
the future, which may not speed up anything
processor-wise but will go toward making any artists
job a little easier in the future).