Re: SDL/ParaGUI Development Progress

On Sun, 2004-11-14 at 14:31, Eric McDonald wrote:
> Those wishing to make their own themes might do
> well to take a look at these files. The XML files in the 'paragui-tests'
> directory describe screen layouts. ParaGUI can read these layouts to
> automatically set up screens. Of course, the screens can also be
> generated line-by-line from code. (Technical note: ParaGUI uses an Expat
> implementation to parse the XML files.)

Does this mean that ParaGUI would be able to use different themes
depending on which game is being used?  I seem to remember something
like that being discussed earlier, but until now it seemed like it would
be a lot of work to implement.

In fact, it might even get easier to implement if a system of game
categorization like the one I described yesterday was implemented, as it
sounds like you could have a different default theme for each genre,
while still allowing a game designer to optionally declare a specific
theme for a particular game!

Of course, I think we'll all agree that it's too early to worry about
such things.

---
Lincoln Peters
<sampln@sbcglobal.net>

Old age is always fifteen years old than I am.
		-- B. Baruch