Re: Three thoughts

> When you say around the outside of the cell, do you
> still mean inside the cell perimeter or outside of it?

Probably inside, although I don't know whether the feature was ever
thought through in that much detail.

> (1) Scaling images to non-standard sizes would likely be
> necessary to accomodate the suggested scheme.

Or playing with the size of the hexes, or re-working the bigicons
feature, or something.  There are plenty of details that would need to
worked out.  But first one needs to think through whether the concept
seems promising in general.

> (3) Scaling down the images of other units would likely degrade
> their identifiability as certain types

The smallest image currently in use is about a 4x4?  It is pretty
small.  I don't imagine you'd go smaller than that.

> I still think that putting a "portrait" of the selected unit in
> the unit info window would be better. But, that's just my
> opinion....

Well, yes, the unit info window is useful in tcltk as it stands now,
and making it more graphical/informative is certainly one way to
approach this problem.

But it is also worthwhile thinking about whether there is some way to
provide some of the information with having to look back and forth to
a window which is off to the side.  Maybe it isn't center and edges,
maybe it is top and bottom.  In the tcltk interface now, the top half
is for the transport and the bottom half is for the occupants.  What
if the top half were for the selected unit and the bottom half were
for the others?  With scaling and drawing otherwise the same as now.