Re: Three thoughts

> The problem is that it doesn't do anything about the units that are
> still drawn underneath the selected unit.  Unless those units are either
> hidden or otherwise obscured (maybe by making them semi-transparent), it
> really does look ugly when a lot of units, some overlapping, are in one
> cell.

Ah, OK.  I think the job may have been half-done.

If I understood the design correctly, the idea was that the
non-selected units would become very small and be arranged around the
outside of the cell.  So to try to render it in ASCII art:

   i  i  b  f

   c  IIIII f
   c    I   f
   d  IIIII f

   d  d  f  f

where the big "I" is the selected unit, and the "i", "i", etc are the
non-selected units.

At least, I think that is one of the ideas that Stan had been playing
with.