Regarding gameplay

I've read the mailing list archives occasionally for a few months but only subscribed just now.  Most of the discussion here is development-related, so I thought I'd ask everyone a couple of questions about regular gameplay.

1) What are some of your preferred strategies (for the standard module)?

My general strategy is all-out offense, which usually succeeds against the AI.  If I have more than a couple of any unit in my home territory, the extras will get sent to attack.

As for more specific tactics, I use airdropped infantry to build at least one base per unoccupied island so that I can send planes across the globe without having to complete a carrier.  If I come across a one or two-hex island consisting of swamp, and there is absolutely no other land nearby, I might build a base there and deliver supplies via destroyers or troop transports.

2) Do you play any semi-regular net games?

I don't know anyone else who plays xconq, and my attempts to get a few friends hooked on it proved futile.  From what I read on the list, the network code is pretty stable now.  Are there any regular internet players out there?

-Tom