Re: Three thoughts

Hi Matthew, long time, no see,

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 mskala@ansuz.sooke.bc.ca wrote:

> * If firing at specific units were to be a big part of some game, then it
> would be nice if it were easier to designate specific units when there are
> many of them, or nested occupant/transports, in a cell.  As it is, even at
> the deepest level of zoom it's quite difficult to click precisely on one
> unit if there are a lot of them in the cell.  One way to deal with this
> might be for an interface to be able to give me a dialog box with a list
> of units in the cell.

I think that Elijah may have also mentioned this last year, and I
completely agree. Although I really don't want to do much Tcl/Tk
hacking, this is something that I have been contemplating adding,
depending on whether I let units carry armor (and weapons,
once the necessary 'hit-chance' and 'damage' modifier tables are
in place). Probably such a window could be brought up with the "i"
key, since I think that is supposed to go to the next occ, IIRC.

> myself.  Why can't we have scroll bars like everybody else?

Unless I am dreaming, I think the Tcl/Tk interface may have had
scrollbars at some point, or, at least, I thought they were
commented out in the Tcl code.  I think Hans did improve the
keyboard navigation in this regard a while back ago. Something
about using the arrow keys or the numeric keypad, IIRC. You might
want to see if you can dig up that mail; it might make your map
navigation a little more pleasant.