Re: The battle for Taiwan

> That's an interesting idea! To elaborate further on
> this theme, I guess one
> could also use the wreck-unit code to upgrade rather
> than downgrade units,
> perhaps as a way to simulate combat experience.
> Something similar to when
> "great leaders" appear in Civ3 (a concept that plays
> a too big role in that
> game, in my opinion).

Yeah, I've used a similar technique to introduce
random events in the new Opal.  I seed the world with
a number of independent units that have an accident
chance of 1% to be destroyed each turn, so
occasionally an independent pirate ship or bandit
fortress or hero or dragon will show up.  I like the
effect.