Re: Weird fuel behavior

From: "Hans Ronne" <hronne@comhem.se>
To: "Robert Goulding" <Goulding.2@nd.edu>
Cc: <xconq7@sources.redhat.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2004 4:47 AM
Subject: Re: Weird fuel behavior

> >I've just noticed this in the last few days, while I've been playing a
very
> >long Modern game (latest WinTCL from CVS).  When it is time to move a
bomber
> >in mid-flight, I often find that it has fuel 30/30, even though it has
been
> >out from base for at least a turn.  Also, just now I moved an infantry
which
> >was down to 1/6 fuel; the next turn it had 2/6 (and no other units were
> >nearby to transfer fuel).
>
> What you are seing is simply my new resupply code, which is actually
> working, unlike the old code. <snip>
> What this means is that any unit can (and now will) resupply petrol if it
> comes within 6 cells of a city or refinery. It is a little strange that
> airplanes are allowed to resupply in mid-flight, but this is how the
modern
> game works.

OK

> >One other thing about the modern game.  I find that mines repeatedly
> >disappear, so I have to keep re-laying them again and again with an
engineer
> >or mine ship.  And no, no enemy units are bumping into them.
>
> Your poor miners are probably starving to death because you neglect to
feed
> them:

OK, but when I click on a mine in survey mode or it's active in mood mode,
there is no indication that food is running short.

> If they are within 4 cells of a city thet will get their won food (see the
> above table) but otherwise you have to resupply them in some other way.

How do I feed them?  I tried hitting 't' when there were other units close
by, but it had no effect.

Robert (who, despite the dying mines, managed to win the game late last
night),