Re: Just say no to bungee paratroopers.

>> First, I moved it inside capture_unit (which is called from several
>> places). Second, I added code for trying to enter the same cell if the
>> capturing unit is unable to enter the captured unit itself.
>
>One interesting feature of this patch (both versions) is that entering
>the captured unit uses up whatever ACP would have been needed to do
>the enter action.
>
>In the case of the standard game, this means that an armor which
>captures from a troop transport will not have an ACP left when it gets
>inside the town which it captured.
>
>I'm not sure whether this is better or worse than the other choice,
>which would be to give the enter action for free, but I thought it was
>worth noting.

You are abolutely right, and I think this is the correct way to do things.
There are actually some freebies in the kernel code, too. One example is
the ACP-less counterattack, and even counter-capture, that an attacked unit
may engage in. Another, I think, is the ACP-less escape of occupants into
an adjacent cell when the transport is captured.

But I have always regarded these freebies as aberrations. It makes much
more sense to charge the full price whenever you do something. There may be
restrictions built in by the game designer, such as if the enter action
requires more ACPs than the unit can possess. In that case, ACP-less entry
by capture would clearly be a bug. Anyway, the fact that the captured unit
is occupied immediately, and not the next turn, is in itself an advantage
to the attacking side. Doing it free of charge would be too much of an
advantage.

What this means, of course, is that the attacker will not be able to enter
the captured unit if it has used up all its ACPs for the turn. This, I
think makes for a more interesting game. Situations like that are not
uncommon in Civ.