Re: Just say no to bungee paratroopers.

Jim Kingdon wrote:
> However, what really makes the bungee paratrooper trick powerful is
> the failure case, so we'll proceed to that one:
>
>> If you attempt to capture something from inside a transport and you fail
>> then you drop out on the ground or sea under the transport as you're
>> pushed back.
>
> Well, if the goal is to make attacking from a transport harder, this
> would have that effect.  It would put a premium on finding a
> beachhead, so you can land your infantry/armor, rather than just
> attacking from a transport ship (or bomber which is over water).
>
> I kind of suspect the show-stopper here would be the AI.  Unless it is
> smart enough to look for beachheads, this change might make the AI
> even less of a contender than it is now.

Actually it seems to do OK, but that may do with the Makin Island patch I
put on the standard scenario giving subs the ability to transport 1 Inf.

It keeps grabbing my coastal bases and towns.

--
Henry J. Cobb's Completely Unofficial list of GURPS Vehicle Builder fixes
and workarounds.  http://www.io.com/~hcobb/gurps/gvb_faq.txt