Re: Consumption-per-fire?

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004, Eric McDonald wrote:
> This actually raises one of the gripes I have had with capture. A
> captive unit should not always be able to be used by the capturing side.

If the "unit" basically represents inanimate equipment, then it often
seems natural for the capturing side to be able to use it.  If it
represents people, then that seems much less natural - prisoners of war
don't turn into soldiers for the side that captured them, barring a really
good brainwashing technology.  Maybe it would be cool to be able to
overload wrecking even further with the chance to specify a unit type that
the captured unit will turn into - but I think that's another enhancement
that doesn't really need to be made right now.

On teleportation: one cool way to teleport is to construct a new instance
of yourself at a distance, and then be consumed by the hp-to-garrison
requirement of creating the new unit.  I haven't tried that, but I think
it'd work.
--
Matthew Skala
mskala@ansuz.sooke.bc.ca                    Embrace and defend.