Re: Removal of cell terrain (never a good idea!)

On Sun, 2004-05-16 at 18:37, mskala@ansuz.sooke.bc.ca wrote:

> Okay, a related point:  even with the change-to-illegal-subtype issue
> dealt with, I still get an error if it attempts to damage a cell terrain
> type for which there are no nonzero probability entries - problematic
> because it's very easy to create that situation what with the table
> defaulting to zero everywhere.  (For instance, if you say "yes" to terrain
> damage with, for instance, detonations, but you don't mention the
> terrain-damaged-type table at all.)  I wonder if instead of or in addition
> to the patch I supplied, it might be better to just make "NONTTYPE"
> returned from damaged_terrain_type result in no effect instead of an
> error, by removing line 2381 of combat.c.

Thanks for the bug report and patch. I have checked in your patch. I
chose to handle the 'NONTTYPE' reported by 'damaged_terrain_type' by
producing a more verbose warning (which will not cause the game to exit)
instead of the 'run_error' it was producing.

  Regards,