Re: (remove) doesn't work

On Tue, 18 May 2004, Eric McDonald wrote:
> So, I guess the questions are, should it be able to remove lists? (It
> would certainly be nice, since that is the way most people, myself
> included, would want to use it) And, if so, how difficult would that
> functionality be to add into the GDL parser? Hopefully someone will have
> some insight into these questions, because otherwise I am going to have
> to do some more "context gathering".

It looks to me like it would be pretty easy to modify the eval() function
near line 1432 of lisp.c, where it calls remove_from_list(), to detect
when the thing being removed is a list, and in that case iterate over it.
What concerns me is that this looks like the sort of thing that could have
wacky side effects if modified, because even though the code looks
straightforward right there, it seems to tie into LISP stuff that I don't
understand.
--
Matthew Skala
mskala@ansuz.sooke.bc.ca                    Embrace and defend.