Re: Building

  I haven't
>been able to find a solution that uses acp-independent; acp-independent
>always gives me undesired behaviour in one form or another, sometimes
>quite bizarre.  Several of my failed attempts create behaviour where new
>units will be built into the target cell until it's full, then into every
>one of the six cells surrounding the builder until those are full as well.

What you need to do in order to get acp-independent building to work is to
define cps and the cost in material per cp. Thus:

(add u* cp 10)

(table unit-consumption-per-cp
	(u* money 1)
)

You should not use consumption-per-build with acp-independent units, since
this code doesn't use acp-dependent build steps.

You also need to give the shop storage space for the material:

(table unit-storage-x (shop money 2000))

If you make those changes in your testfile, acp-independent building works
fine. The only limitation is that the human player can't do multiple rounds
of building per turn, but that possibility should be easy to add.