Re: Cow patties, and keeping them asleep

On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 19:48, mskala@ansuz.sooke.bc.ca wrote:

I have no problems with your patch, but I want to wait and see what
others say first, before applying it.

> Also, I wonder if this might have bizarre consequences for the AI.  I
> don't know if the AI pays attention to when units do or don't wake up, but
> if it does pay attention to that, it could be confused.  (Or this flag,
> judiciously used, could steer the AI to *better* behaviour... hard to
> predict.)

The AI does not make use of sleep as of present, IIRC.

> > I think that the usage of 'acp-occupant-effect' could be modified in the
> > 'compute_acp' function so that a transport's effect on an occupant could
> > be considered and not just an occ's effect on its transport. The table
>
> That might help with loading units (making them stop popping up asking
> for orders once loaded, because they have no ACP) but how would I unload
> the units without them having any ACP?

I was thinking that the "material-unit" would only be recovered when the
transport was killed. In that case, the cow patty would be left behind
in the cell when the transport was killed, I think. The
'occupant-escape-chance' would have to be > 0%. (I should probably
double-check the code.)

I had in mind that the reciprocal 'acp-occupant-effect' would be useful
in cases where the factor would not be 0%, but merely something that
would decrease/increase the occ's ACP. I have had use for this before,
but the idea that it might be useful to someone else as well, motivated
me to consider making the change.