Re: Compiling Xconq on Cygwin?

On Mon, 3 May 2004, sms wrote:

> >Is this with Cygwin with XFree86/X11 libs installed or without?
>
> It's the full Cygwin install, including XFree86.

OK. You are ahead of me in that regard. Like I said, I have not
tested compiling the Xt/Xaw interface against Cygwin/XFree86.

If you want to send a diff of your changes, I will test and apply
it in the next few days.

> >Is this Tcl/Tk's Xlib.h or a "native" one that comes with
> >Cygwin/XFree86?
>
> The native one, I believe.  The only Xlib.h is
> /usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h.  The TclTk is native
> as well.

OK. ActiveTcl also provides its own partial substitute Xlib.
Perahps the prototypes in its headers are not compatible with the
ones in the native X11 headers, and this was the reason the
functions were declared with void return values? I will look into
this more next time I boot into Windows.

> After I do the configure, when I type "make", nothing happens.  Could
> you send me a copy of your root level makefile so I can do a diff?

I will, when I get home tonight.
But, instead of using the "--enable-ui" option, could you perhaps
just leave it out (which will make the Tcl/Tk interface the
default), and then do a "make all-xtconq" which should attempt to
build the Xt/Xaw interface? Perhaps there is some screwiness in
the configure.in template....

  Regards,