Re: Path finding

> Another thing is that the standard game doesn't make or use
> transports.  Try setting up a standard game between a few computer
> players and watch what they do for a few turns.

I suspect this is the #1 reason why the AI has been doing so poorly
against me lately (this is the standard game).

I'm not sure whether it came on suddenly or gradually, though.  I kind
of suspect the code which decides what to build isn't building enough
armor/infantry, and it doesn't matter whether it has transports,
because they have nothing to transport.  But there could be more than
one problem.  I can clarify the symptom: xconq from about the year
2000 would send a flood of full transports in my direction starting at
turn 30 to 50 or so, which would completely overwhelm me if I wasn't
very careful.  xconq today will send few if any transports.