xconq 7.5a (win32)

I have followed this game for years when it originally came out on X11. Was delighted to find this Windows version now that I have a home LAN and have been playing it with my son.

Couple of problems though:
1. Sometimes the selected item won't move. When this happens, I minimise and then restore the window and find a different item is selected and this one I can move.
2. I have yet to complete a net game - at some point, a message appears saying the checksum doesn't match and the game appears to become unresponsive soon after.
3. Just now, I attempted to restore a saved game from it's save file and a number of warnings were reported as it restored including "colour of units changing" etc. I decided to ignore future warnings and the game restored but the map image was corrupted and refused to come good so the game was impossible to continue with.