Re: Newbie questions...

>Hans,
>
>I'm not sure that's such a good idea, so far I think it's only me that has
>complained/pointed out the problem.
>Kind of a extreme solution for one person in my own opinion.
>Perhaps in due time a solution will show up without requiring such a drastic
>move.  I'll just curb my desires
>to play those two games for now :).

Well, the problem affects everybody who uses Win95/98/Se. So we need to
address it somehow. And fix would only affect those users. Anybody running
WinNT/2000/XP would still have access to the full graphics.

It would of course be even better if there was a way around the built-in
limitation on the graphics memory in older Windows systems. There are many
apps that run on these systems that are more graphics-intensive than Xconq,
so a solution must exist. I asked about this on this list before, but got
no feedback. Most of the Xconq people are Unix users. And I am a Mac person
myself.