Re: "Open file" bug?

>I've just made some changes to the images in bolodd3.g.  I tried to load
>the new version using the "Load File" button on the "Welcome" screen,
>but it loaded the old version from its library instead.
>
>Is this a new bug that prevents it from loading files from anywhere
>except its library?

I have now checked in a fix that makes it possible again to run games from
non-standard locations. Some points to consider:

1. Xconq now looks for included modules in the same directory as the opened
file. If it doesn't find what it is looking for there, it will look in its
own "lib" directory.

2. Xconq now looks for images in a sibling directory named "images". If it
doesn't find what it is looking for there, it will look in its own "images"
directory.

3. Xconq always saves games and checkpoint files in the default game home
directory (./xconq on Unix) irrespective of where the game was opened from.
This means that it may be impossible to run a saved game if it uses modules
and images not present in the standard locations, since Xconq has no way of
knowing where a saved game originally came from. Therefore, if you want to
save an experimental game and be sure to be able to run it again, use "Save
Game As" to save it in the same place as the original game file (or move it
there after saving it in the game home directory).

4. Network games are always loaded from the standard locations in order to
ensure that everybody is using the same files.