Re: HW requirements

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 09:11:10AM -0800, Erik Jessen wrote:
hello!

ok i followed this trail with mild interest, but have this time to step
in myself :D

> Thanks!  I know people who do ASCII-only for email, etc. because they
as me...

> either have a slow connection, or want to avoid viruses.  I'd expected
uhm also commodity? as Feneric pointed out i am one of those users that
mangle incoming mail through numerous utilities, and i never found any
other MUA that is as practical and fast to use and not to say easy to
propagate through the net (means i want to consult my mails in usual way
from everywhere i happen to be) as mutt...

> that for playing Xconq, they'd have to have newer hardware (and/or a
> fast connection) to play Xconq, simply because of RAM/CPU
> considerations.

>> 4.  Sophisticated users who choose to route all their e-mail through a
>> system including combinations of things like Procmail, SpamAssassin,
>> JunkFilter, TMDA, Pine, Mutt, etc. in order to largely sidestep the
>> issues of spam and virii that so plague the modern world.
>>
>> We maintain a bunch of games on the system, and I'd have to say that
>> Cconq (the VT100 version of Xconq) remains one of the most popular,
>> right up there with NetHack and the various IF titles.

uhm i admit i am too a regulare ascii nethack player :D but in the case
of xconq i use the tcl/tk interface :D
and i have allways up to date machines, since i do number crunching for
my living.... which doesn't mean i have unlimited ressources, since the
main ressources go for the simulators running, which allready caused
several times the killing of some xconq games for outrunning
ressources...

--
ciao bboett
bboett@adlp.org