Re: pathfinding refueling

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 01:00:40PM -0500, Jim Kingdon wrote:
> > 3) The distance that the unit can receive the material is zero.
>
> This would mean that infantry and armor in the standard game would
> have no fuel material.
>
> Kind of a problem trying to pathfind them through a desert.

My aim in the exercise is to improve playability by reducing the amount
of clicking and micromanagement necessary. It is not necessary to guide
infantry or armor to particular resupply points, and so far as I am
concerned there is no particular problem with these units, so I am
proposing to do nothing with them.

I do not think it should be the role of the path-finding to ensure that
all units remain in supply at all times. The development I am interested
in is simply to improve playability by reducing all the aircraft
management.